Friday, July 24, 2009

Fox Brothers Barbecue, Atlanta


Fox Brothers Barbecue, Atlanta. FOX Rocks...that's the quick version. Dropped DE off at the ATL airport this am and then plugged 1238 Dekalb Avenue in the GPS to explore a "new" bbq place. Fox has only been open for a couple of years, but this is one cool place with good food. The Fox Brothers got their start by doing the barbecue for Smith's Olde Bar in Atlanta (according to Mary Beth my waitress). The staff is a little bit metro trendy, but that's not all bad. My experience with the food went like this: the brunswick stew as good, but not the very "best" I've had. The fried okra was absolutely the best I've had. Cut lengthways you didn't have to chase the little circle cuts. Now the bbq? Well, I arrived early and got to sit outside a few and smell the smoke coming off the smokers. The pork was pulled (like I like it), and the sauce was on the side and slightly sweet (like I like it). Located in the Little Five Points area, it is a bit tough to find without my electronic friend, but I look forward to a return visit to try out the brisket...yep, one more place that gives you choices between pork, chicken, beef, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment