Friday, July 24, 2009

Smokin Pig, Valdosta







Oh my goodness. Folks, this gets my best rating for any bbq joint visited south of Macon at worst. The Smokin Pig is HOT, HOT, HOT!!! Located off I-75 outside of Valdosta, its pork is great. Their sides of stew, fries, okra (and others I didn't try) will leave you stuffed all the way back to Atlanta (if headed north). Anyway, got to do the SP after Laura's graduation from VSU. Truth is, anything would have been great on that day, but Smokin Pig Rocks, and I highly recommend it as your last great bbq joint headed south. BTW, pick up a good sized bottle of their bbq sauce for just $3.99. It's worth at least twice that. For Father's Day, daughter Laura brought me home a whole case of the sauce. Truly my favorite daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment