Friday, July 24, 2009

Sowbellies, Hawkinsville, GA


Sow Bellies in Hawkinsville. Sow Bellies hasn't been around real long, but Tony Floyd reached a fine level of bbq proficiency in barbecue competitions. The first (and last) time I had one of their Boston butts, I swore it was the best I had ever eaten. Honestly, order one up for the holidays, and you won't be disappointed. Today it was too hot to fish, too hot for golf, and too hot to cut grass by lunchtime, but it wasn't too hot for me and Larry B to ease down to have lunch at SB's. Hadn't been there in over a couple of years, and not much has changed. BS's bbq is good and smokey flavored, but if I were being picky, I'd say it was too finely chopped for one who really prefers pulled pork. The sauces were good, and the brunswick stew was adequate. LB got a a chili dog to go along with his bbq sandwich (he takes Lipitor I am pretty sure). Now this was one serious chili dog. While the food was pretty decent, sometimes the best part is catching up with friends....and that was today's bbq tip for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment